SHAREaCAMPER is a platform for the facilitation of peer-to-peer campervan and caravan hire.
The purpose of the platform is to help private owners become ‘one-person rental companies’ by providing supporting services, including but not limited to:
- A booking platform to list their vehicles
- Processing of payments from travellers
- Governance via Terms and Conditions which encompass the Rental Agreement
- Customer Support
SHAREaCAMPER maintains that every Owner is fully responsible for complying with all legal requirements, including but not limited to ensuring (1) all gas appliances and electrical wiring is always safe legal and all necessary Gas Certifications and Electrical Warrant of Fitness (EWOF) is valid.
Please note all gas appliances (permanently fitted or portable) must be comply Regulation 77 in the ERS and Regulation 75 in the GSMR as well as with the relevant standard NZ 5255 and/or NZ 5256.
For more information and specific wording contact Energy Safe.
SHAREaCAMPER commits to all practical steps to inform Owners of their obligations by providing owners with the information regarding the relevant laws and regulations.
SHAREaCAMPER will provide information via the following channels:
- Introduced during the initial sign up process
- In the website’s FAQs
- In the website's published policies
- In the Terms and Conditions
- Periodically informing Owners via email updates/newsletters
All Owners must accept the Terms and Conditions for every single hire. The Terms and Conditions state the Owners obligations and responsibilities.
SHAREaCAMPER requires that all Owners provide proof that their vehicle has current and valid certifications/licences before they are made available to be booked.
- COF - Motor Powered Vehicles
- WOF - Caravans
- EWOF (for 230v wired campers)
- Gas Cert (for campers where Gas appliances are fitted)
- A Copy of a Certificate of Verification (CoV)
- Certified Self Containment Certificate
- Vehicle Licence
If it comes to the attention of SHAREaCAMPER that a vehicle is in breach we will take reasonable action to unlist the campervan until the issue is resolved.