Am I obligated to verify the driver’s licence of the person renting my vehicle?
Modified on: Fri, 25 Oct, 2019 at 3:56 PM
Please be aware that as the Owner, you act as the final step of the verification process to ensure that the Traveller has the correct identification & full Drivers Licence. The owner must sight and write down the licence on the handover report at pick up .
Travellers are not allowed to drive the vehicle if they can't provide a valid driver's licence at pickup which is in accordance to the vehicle type (weight). In this case, the booking will be cancelled on behalf of the Traveller, and the Owner will receive full benefits.
The following age and licence restrictions apply to the driver of the rental vehicle:
- The Traveller needs to be between the age of 21 years and 80 years.
- If the vehicle has a market value of over AUD 100,000 at the time of rental an age restriction between 25 years and 80 years applies.
- Learner licensed, Provisional One (P1) and Provisional Two (P2) drivers are not allowed to drive a rental vehicle.
The following age restriction applies to the driver of the rental vehicle:
- The Traveller needs to be over the age of 21 years.
The following restriction applies to the driver of the rental vehicle:
- The Traveller needs to be holding a valid driver's license for at least 3 years. (driving with 17 doesn't count)
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?