The vehicle handover is crucial to ensure both you and the Owner have a great experience. The Handover Report protects both parties, so it is extremely important to thoroughly complete the report at the time of pick up and drop off.
At pick up please take your time and ask the vehicle owner to explain the vehicle to you in detail. Note down any existing damages and ask any questions that you might have. We recommend taking pictures of the handover report as well as the vehicle.
At the time of drop off, again, please spend some time going over the vehicle thoroughly to make sure that if damages occurred these are noted down on the report. It is essential that both parties sign off the document and that it is forward to SHAREaCAMPER.
The vehicle needs to be returned in a clean and tidy condition. Please inform the Owner of any issues you may have had with the vehicle during your trip and ensure to return your vehicle to the pre-determined return location. If you are late for drop-off, please do give the owner a call.
Below you can find copies of the handover documents, make sure you use the correct form (vehicle type and country).
Please note - the Handover Report is one of the most important documents and must be completed, dated and signed on pick up and drop off. Please take a copy or take a photo of the signed Handover Report for your records.
The following age and licence restrictions apply to the driver of the rental vehicle:
- You need to be between the age of 21 years and 80 years.
- If the vehicle has a market value of over AUD 100,000 at the time of rental an age restriction between 25 years and 80 years applies.
- Learner licensed, Provisional One (P1) and Provisional Two (P2) drivers are not allowed to drive a rental vehicle.
The rental agreement is on the first page of the handover report. Please ensure both are filled in as accurately and in as much detail as possible, signed and forwarded to SHAREaCAMPER:
The following age and licence restrictions applies to the driver of the rental vehicle:
- You need to be over the age of 21 years.
- You need to be holding a current and unrestricted New Zealand driver's licence (full license) or international equivalent driver's license.
The following license restriction applies to the driver of the rental vehicle:
- You need to be holding a valid driver's license for at least 3 years (driving with 17 does not count).